Thursday, January 13, 2011

Black Swan

OK, I have seen this startlingly dark film twice now and it haunts me daily. I really can't think of the right words to describe it beyond...intense. During my first viewing, I think I held my breath during the final 30 minutes. And I seriously needed a nap after it was finished. The second time through was only slightly less intense. I think I will be processing this one for a long time to come.

Who among our tribe has seen this? Any thoughts? Awards predictions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen it- I agree it is very intense- definately one of those flicks you can watch a couple times to absorb fully. I would give it a thumbs up!

Michael G said...

Natalie Portman is a shoo-in for Best Actress. Who knew she had it in her? I also love the Production Design and Cinematography. So it might win a couple of technical awards. I love the movie but I think it's too dark and too intense for some that it won't garner the top votes for Best Picture. I don't thin kit's better than THE SOCIAL NETWORK anyway. =)