Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jessica Wilkie's Picks

"Of course I am encouraging everyone I know to get their hands on a full-festival pass, but if someone can only get to a few films this year, I would highly recommend Steam. I love the crafty integration of seemingly disparate lives of the three main characters, and the comment that many different kinds of people have more in common that we may think. Of course, an all-star (Ally Sheedy and award-winning actress Ruby Dee) cast of strong and fabulous females doesn’t hurt either! To Each Her Own is also a favorite of mine with cute and easy-to-identify with characters, and a storyline filled with twists and turns, drama and tenderness. I cannot wait to see Ready? OK! on the big screen. I think main character Josh’s zest for life is highly infectious and will have our festival audience cheering out loud. I also can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction to the young man’s Halloween costume!"
~ Jessica Wilkie, Programming Co-chair

No comments: