Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Midpoint Festival Update


I can't believe we're already halfway through ImageOut 2008! This year's festival has been amazing. I'm really proud of our lineup of films and how well they've gone over with audiences. Last night I caught our Archive Night screening of The Life and Times of Harvey Milk, the 1984 Oscar-winning documentary about legendary gay rights activist Harvey Milk, at the Dryden Theatre. Even though I'd seen the film before, seeing it in a theater was a totally new experience.

Shifting gears completely, I then headed over to the Little Theatre to watch Grimm Love, one of my favorite films from this year's festival. There was a decent sized crowd of brave souls who showed up to see what City Newspaper called the "ImageOut There!-iest" film of our ImageOut There! program. I'm so happy that the audience seemed to react very positively to the film, though I did hear a lot of squirming in the seats during the cannibalistic finale.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Just a reminder that tickets are almost gone for Friday night's screening of Tru Loved. Make sure you purchase your tickets ASAP - you won't want to miss this hilarious film!

Photo By Matt DeTurck

No comments: